Friday, October 15, 2021

Thriller The ultimate choice 22

 

"Injustice? Really? This is the Joker's house: the most powerful man in the universe. He is more powerful than your prime minister, or even the President of the US. The concept of justice and injustice as per your belief system may not be in congruence with his system. What injustice you are whining about? You should be lucky that you are still surviving. Anyway, don't argue with me. Let's go back. See you tomorrow same place same time, and don't fail that time."

"What is my fault? Why has the Joker captivated me?" Rajan was desperate this time.

"Oh, you have many questions for the Joker? I know the answers, but I don't have the authority to answer them. I will inform him about your queries. I am sure the next time you see him, you will clear all the doubts.

                                 --------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have already paid you 20000 dollars, and I will pay whatever it takes to find my buddy. But, please tell me the updates about your investigation."

Suresh Rao had to try extremely hard to suppress the unrest of his mind. Rajan was his best friend in the college days, and without Rajan he would have never made such big leap in his life.

"Sir, we have covered all the known crime syndicates across the world. But, he has been nowhere to be found. The last time I rang you, we had a clue that a middle-aged Indian having similar features of Rajan was taken hostage in Syria by terrorists. We thought that it could be him. But, yesterday the family of Mr Sundaran, an engineer working in the gulf, got a phone call for ransom. They paid the hefty sum, and the terrorists returned him unscathed."

"Why are you telling me this. I want to know about my friend."

Mr Rao heaved a long sigh of frustration. He had heard a lot about the efficiency of this detective organisation "Ravenous Eagles" from his business friends across the world. An ex-CIA top brass, Mr Saunders, had found this organisation, and it had presence in all the nations in the world. As it employed many ex-cops across the world, it could get all the helps from the police and military fraternity.

Bikash Datta, a reired brigadier in the Indian army, had been recruited as the head of the Indian wing of the "Ravenous Eagles". Somnath, who himself was a top cop in West Bengal police, and retired early to join this organisation, was the head of southern zone of this organisation in India.

"Patience, Sir, patience. I am not done yet."

"Okay, I am sorry! Please carry on." Suresh got a faint sense of hope.

"Sir, we have come the conclusion that this must be a new gang, and getting ransom is not the motive behind their kidnapping. Now, the big question is what is their motive? Is this an organ racket, who sells the organs of their victims for a huge profit? The answer is a big no. We have checked almost all such organisations. Is it a human trafficking organisation, who sells innocent victims for slave trade or prostitution? We have checked all of them Sir. No, Rajan or Archana, his wife, who has also been abducted, could not be found."

"What, his wife also has been abducted? What are you saying man! Rajan had told me that he had no relationship with his wife any more, and he was preparing to divorce her." Suresh Rao had enough of patience, and he had to interject at this point.

"That's true Sir! Rajan would have signed the mutual  divorce petition within few days. He was happy to do that. But, strangely, his wife, too, was abducted on the same day from Tirupathi. Since she is related to him, we have to search for her too. That's the professionalism of our agency."

"That's great! But could you make any breakthrough?"

"Not yet Sir! Now, we have zeroed to the ameture crime agencies operating across the world. You must have heard about dark net! These agencies invariably make their presence there. But, as you know, breaking into the dark net is not a child's job. It takes a lot of time. We are doing out best, but I have a suggestion for you to open an alternate way and expedite things."

"Pray tell me. I am willing to do whatever it takes to find my best friend, without whose help I would have been no where."

"Sir, I think you should give advertisements decalring rewards of 50 million dollar to anybody who gives the whereabouts of Rajan in the leading 20 newspapers across the world, whose list I will give you in case you agree."

"50 million dollars!?" Suresh Rao's jaw dropped, as the amount sounded way beyond his imagination.

"Don't worry Sir! You don't have to shell out even a single dollar as reward. This is a ploy to nab  the culprits. The astronomical sum can lure some them to come up with valuable information.   We shall take care of everything. All you have to do is to pay the advertising price."

"Oh sure! Tell me the amount, I will transfer the amount into your account." At last, Suresh smiled.


To be continued 


 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thriller The ultimate choice 58

  Episode 58 Rajan had the bitter experience of taking a forceful slap from Rod. At that time, he thought that Rod was the most powerful man...