Saturday, September 22, 2018

Fruitless endeavour

The perspiration and the pain
The hours of stress and strain.
There won't be accolades and wreaths
But plenty of warts and migraine.

Over there a field so lush green
Trees with guava so ripe.
A mirror like lake full of fish
The reason to descend isn't tripe.

There was the scarecrow
Hidden from my sight.
Popped up suddenly in front of me
To give me dread and fright.

"O Scarecrow don't frighten me
Can't I take a shelter here?
I see a few avian friends
Making merry over there."

"Go away," he said in a rude tone
"This place has no more space
Find your new vista, new avenue
In a new suitable place."

My search for a home
Which will be cosy and warm
With time for my reverie
Seems that will never come.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thriller The ultimate choice 58

  Episode 58 Rajan had the bitter experience of taking a forceful slap from Rod. At that time, he thought that Rod was the most powerful man...